Happy (snowy) 2013! I'm a little late with wishing everyone a Happy New Year and / or writing up a generic New Years Resolutions post - for no other reason than I'm massively disorganized and a little lazy (no point in pretending otherwise) I know everyone writes one of these but I suppose it's for my own posterity as much as anything. I'm totally determined to keep some resolutions this year!
1. Read more books - I used to be a total book worm & I really want to get back into it. I've invested in a kindle & I'm already onto my second book of the new year. I've completely fallen in love with Mary Roach's books and writing style. Any book recommendations you have would be appreciated
2. Buy a new piece of art each month - This one is definitely my favourite. I own nowhere NEAR enough art & it is basically the best excuse I've ever had to buy more. Awesome.
3. Be kinder to myself - I am my own worst enemy quite a lot of the time & I know I'm far too tough on myself. I'm not one for getting overly personal on here (I suddenly become very aware that literally anyone can read this and I get a bit freaked out) but I suffer from a quite badly from phobia (a proper phobia, not a "omgz I'm like totes phobic of..." phobia) A proper, full-on, panic attack, restrictive phobia that is totally NOT COOL and I have decided that 2013 is the year that I try and overcome and get help. Does anyone else have any tips on helping anxiety or phobias? It would be very welcome!
4. Be more positive - So, while I'm on a personal roll - 2012 wasn't the greatest for me work wise. Towards the end of the year I got a little bit depressed about it and took a bit of a break in the last month to recharge (which ended up with a good thing - I was down with flu for a week and a half!) So this year I'm forgetting my worries as it has literally, got me nowhere. No money? At least I've got a roof over my head and I can (just about) afford to heat the flat, I've got a good computer, a phone & wifi. I also have a blender so I can live on amazing homemade soup. Life is good, right? YES QUITE.
5. Take my camera out more - I really need to get back to taking it wherever I go like I used to - I've become a bit too reliant on my phone & Instagram. It's definitely time to get back to my camera & flickr!
Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you keep them?! I'm going to see how long I can keep these for!